About the Editor

Welcome to my Blog, which is a shared experience between me and my students in English.

I have been teaching English as a foreign language for over twenty years in France and Hungary. My academic background comes from two major European universities, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest and Sorbonne Nouvelle Paris. I hold two Master’s degrees in English and French languages, literatures and civilizations with Teaching certificate in both languages and a French DEA in theatre arts. I grew up in Hungary, lived three years in Canada and have spent most of my adult life in France, where I live now, in the French Alps, in Grenoble. In the past eleven years I have specialised in teaching business English, first in the framework of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Grenoble then since 2007, under the name of my training organisation, Business English Services I am also a part-time university lecturer at Univesrité Grenoble Alpes teaching on teacher training courses. I am President of TESOL France, a non-profit worldwide organisation for Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages and member of IATEFL, International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language. I lecture regularly at conferences in the area of language teaching methodology. I also work as a translator, member of the French Translator’s Association. The few teenager students that I have, provide me with a real sense of pleasure as a teacher. I am committed to help motivated students and to stimulate less motivated students in progressing with their communication skills in English in real-life language situations. My aim with this blog is to bring natural English outside the classroom and I am developing it both as a source of information and a feel-free-to-express communication platform. A similar blog, BesEnglish is addressed to professional adult learners. I will be pleased to receive your comments and contribution to our work. Do not hesitate to sign up to receive our latest updates.

2 Comments

Add Yours
  1. 2
    Karen Hawley

Hi Csilla,
    Karen from Ottawa here. I watched the video with Anna in it and she has grown so much. So has my Ana and Max. I hope all is well with Andy and perhaps we’ll see you some day not to far in the future.

We will be in Cape Breton, NS this summer. If you’re planning a trip to the Maritimes, perhaps we can connect.

Karen
    (David Cronkite’s wife)